Office of Programs and Academic Assessment
The Office of Programs and Academic Assessment provides two major areas of support to the UIC campus:
Supports the colleges and academic units in the creation and revision of their curricula. This includes:
- Administration of the university’s Course Request System;
- Processing the creation and revision of undergraduate, graduate, and professional courses;
- Coordinating the review and approval processes of campus and external governance in the establishment and revision of academic programs (i.e., degrees, certificates, minors, concentrations) and the establishment and reorganization of academic units, research and public service centers and institutes.
- Advising the campus on academic policy, guidelines, and regulations.
Includes these functions:
- Periodic review of IBHE (Illinois Board of Higher Education) -approved academic programs, centers, and institutes;
- Facilitating the implementation of degree program-level assessment of student learning;
- Coordinating the implementation of assessing student general education outcomes; and
- Administration of the Tk20 system for documenting degree program and general education assessment.